2. I'm a day late making the Jello play dough for our Advent activities. Oops.
3. A word for Poetry Friday: frost.
4. Have you ever noticed that gift lists for the geeks in your life are riddled with rather expensive things? I was thinking of making a geek gift list for those of us who love our tech-addicted geeks but still have budgets.
5. I have done handmade gifts for the past few years. It is fun and it promotes a less commercial side to holidays. However, this year time ran out on me. I'm becoming much more at ease with convenience as I get older. Perhaps I am moving past that sense that I have to be the perfect mother.
(image found at MotiFake.com)
Which is nice. Since I'm not perfect. Seriously.
6. I am off in search of Borax today. We're making snowflakes for today's activity. You know, I've never made crystals? It seems like it's a staple of most childhoods, and yet somehow it eluded me. So I guess today's activity is as much for me as for the twins.
7. My grandmother always gave everyone socks for Christmas. It wasn't the only gift she gave, but it was her tradition. These were usually not your run-of-the-mill socks. They were crazy. I always waited eagerly to see what fabulous abomination of socks she would send. I loved them all. I couldn't let this tradition go away, so I'm picking up her torch and sending out some fun socks I hope are worthy of my grandmother's memory.
8. Continuing with the sock theme, I'm making dino-socks for the twins for their sock gifts. How fun is that?
9. I have a Christmas playlist. It sounds nothing like the stores. Why do they always play the same things over and over? There are so many great Christmas songs out there like Relient K's 12 Days of Christmas (believe me, it's not the traditional song), or The Feature's Father Christmas, or Barenaked Ladies' Footprints. Actually Barenaked Ladies whole album Barenaked for the Holidays is great.
10. What is your favorite Christmas movie? I think I'd have to go with a 'Capra-corn' classic, It's a Wonderful Life. But I would say that Love, Actually and A Christmas Story run a close second.